The IRC in Dallas is committed to helping our refugee clients rebuild their lives. With the help of individuals and community partners, we provide items such as clothing and household goods to our refugee clients for free. All donations are tax-deductible. Donated items must be new or gently-used. For more information or to schedule a drop-off, contact DonationsDallas [at] rescue.org or call (214) 461-9781 x234.
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we maintain our priority to keep the refugees we serve, staff and supporters safe and healthy. We have reviewed our in-kind donation policy to ensure we have guidelines in place that will help us maintain safe processes while practicing physical distancing. Our office has reopened at limited capacity, so we are able to accept donations at our office. Additionally, please consider donating directly to the IRC in Dallas, or buying from our Amazon Wishlist.
NOTE: Before beginning a large donation drive, please contact our office to find out which items are needed most at the moment.
Accepted items include:
- Diapers (sizes 2-6)
- Backpacks and school supplies
- Working computers, tablets, and laptops. Computers must not be more than three years old.
- Working flat screen TVs
- New bedding and towels
- Dishes, glasses, and silverware
- Bicycles and helmets
- Books and toys for kids
- Kitchen Supplies
- Sewing machines and sewing kits
- Smartphones and prepaid cell phones
- Gift cards to Walmart, Target, or Fiesta
Here are other ways to get involved:
- Become a volunteer
- Donate new or gently-used items
- Support the IRC with a financial contribution
- Spread the word
- Explore additional opportunities