This volunteer position will support the volunteer and donations team with the onboarding of new volunteers and interns and with the ongoing maintenance of volunteer and intern programs at the IRC in Denver. This role is vital in supporting the IRC's ability to serve newly-arrived refugee families and other vulnerable immigrant groups.
Remote work. Possibility of hybrid remote and in- person at the IRC Denver office 1873 S. Bellaire St, 5th floor, Denver, CO 80222.
10-20 hours per week for 12 months.
- Conduct volunteer and intern phone screenings
- Ensure position information and descriptions are updated on recruitment portals
- Correspond with new volunteer and intern applicants, including by not limited to initial outreach, follow-up emails and ongoing support throughout the onboarding process
- Ensure compliance with all new hire requirements for volunteers and interns including background and reference checks and the completion of new hire paperwork
- Work with IRC in Denver staff to understand their program’s volunteer and intern needs
- Support volunteers and interns as they connect with meaningful opportunities at the IRC in Denver
- Maintain accurate records using an online database
- Use Salesforce for all documentation
- This position will be supervised by the volunteer & donations coordinator.
- Comfortable conducting outreach and conducting phone screenings and phone interviews
- Familiarity using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Prior experience using Salesforce or willingness to learn
Interested in learning more and applying?
E-mail IRCDenver.Volunteer [at] Rescue.org to let us know of your interest.
More opportunities in Denver, CO
AmeriCorps Financial Coach
The IRC in Denver is recruiting one full-time person to serve as an AmeriCorps member to provide financial literacy, financial planning, budgeting, saving, and other financial counseling education to refugee and asylee clients — all with an eye toward addressing persistent poverty and helping families build a stronger future.
Dari/Farsi or Pashto Speaker First Friend
A First Friend mentor supports newly arrived Afghan clients. The program is designed to connect Dari/Farsi and Pashto speakers from the community to Afghan clients.
Housing and Logistics Intern
The Housing and Logistics Intern supports our housing team by helping to secure and set up first homes for our arriving refugee families. they assist with preparation for arriving families, visiting apartments to conduct safety and security checks, moving in furniture and household goods, and assisting with administrative tasks
Resettlement Support Volunteer
An on-call volunteer position supporting newly arrived clients to meet their basic needs. Resettlement Support volunteers can sign up for tasks such as delivering items to client home, transporting clients to appointments or to purchase food and clothing, setting up temporary housing, or creating welcome boxes.